Here are the latest opening dates for the lifts this summer:
Early opening for the 13 and 14th June (only the week-end).
Then open every day from Saturday 20th June until Sunday 20th September.
Early opening for the 13 and 14th June (only the week-end). (secteur Super Morzine / Seraussaix )
- open every day from Saturday 20th June until 30th August
- Opening on week-ends : 5 & 6/09, 12 &13/09, 19 & 20/09
Chavannes et Nauchets
Week-ends pre-opening :
· 30th May to 1st June (Pentecôte)
· 6 & 7th June
· 13 &14th June
Continuous opening :
· open every day from Saturday 20th June until Sunday 20th September.
open every day from Saturday 20th June until Sunday 6th September.
The lift companies of the Portes du Soleil have decided this year to make the general closing date the 20th september.
Here is the message from Morzine’s Tourism Office:
The Pléney will be open from 15/06 to 08/09
In Les Gets there will be a pre-opening of Chavannes & Nauchets
- From Thursday 30 May to Sunday 2nd June (Ascension)
- From Saturday 8th to Monday 10th June (Pentecôte)
- Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th June
Full area open
- From Saturday 22nd June to Sunday 8th September 2019
Dates for SERMA will be available in January.
Bookings are now open!!
New this year, discover Morzine in the best season, the autumn!
No chairlifts (although we might use some uplifts) but… the mountain to yourself! Come and ride with/like the locals.
L’Aiglon (www.bikeaiglon.com), is offering some superb flats, self or fully catered, a massive safe garage, bike wash and more. Here is an example of price:
Contact us for more details or a personalised quote.
We’re often asked what to pack for a day’s riding around the Portes du Soleil.
Here is what Jo carries every day, of course some of it would be overkill but it might give you some ideas…
What’s in my Dakine Seeker 15l:
- water bladder, minimum 2l
- first aid kit
- jacket (even when the weather’s good)
- repair kit for tubeless tyres
- tube patches
- 27.5″ tube (fits in 26″ and 29″ tyres), presta
- spare dérailleur hanger for my Santa Cruz
- “universal” dérailleur hanger
- Hope brake pads
- a small bottle of lubricant
- dérailleur cable
- power link for, 9/10/11 speeds
- a bag of various bolts (for… spds clits, rotors, chainring, brake caliper,…)
- Lézine mini floor pump (with a few lengths of duct tape wrapped around it)
- HP Rock Shox HP pump
- Fix it Stick multi tool, with tyre levers
- light chain tool from MSC
- zip ties
- electrical tape
- a small strap
- mini lock
- PDS pass (the best way not to leave it in dirty shorts)
- sunglasses wipe
- drops for my contact lenses
- RideAbility stickers !!
Didn’t make the shot:
- cones for the skill sessions
- smartphone with Iphigénie app (if you don’t know it, look it up!)
- home made cereal bars
- a bottle of isotonic drink (usually carried on the bike)
- a spare pair of gloves (they doesn’t take much room, or weigh much but useful more often than you’d think)
- an old piece of tyre to fix ripped sidewalls
Les Gets will open its bikepark non stop from the 15th of June (for the crankworx), but also the previous weekends from the 26 of May (apart from the Mt Cherry apparently).
In Morzine, the Pleney will open non-stop from the 9th of June and Super Morzine from the 20th of June.
The Pass’ Portes 2017 online registrations opens on the 8th of February, be warned the event sells out very quickly.
Did you know, though, that if you are part of an identified group (club, corporate, association,…) of at least 7 riders, you could book from the 11th of January?
For more info contact the Portes du soleil: vtt @ portesdusoleil.com
Greg was a newbie in the PDS so Jo took him out for 2 days to show him the very best the area has to offer.
They spent the 1st day riding in the Bike Park
Whilst Jo took him a little more off the beaten track for day 2.
Did you ride in Morzine recently? Please take a couple of minutes to answer this survey… you might even win a free lift pass or an entry for the Pass Portes!