The National Champs are starting today in Les Gets. The 3 events (XC, DH and Trial) will take place around the Perrières area, at the entrance of Les Gets. The 6 persons chairlift is open (free for walkers) and gives access to the start of the purposed built DH track.
A first video of the DH track:
Caméra embarquée – Championnats de France VTT 2012 par LesGetsLive
There will be two big events in Morzine this weekend, the opening of the Pleney cable car for the summer and the Critérium du Dauphiné arriving in town.
The road from the Col de Joux Plane (cf. map) will be closed from 13.30 to 15.45 ish to all trafic. Try not to come back by Grand Pré et be extremely careful on the roads.
The wait is nearly over!
- Morgins: Weekends from the 26th of May to the 24th of June, every day from the 29th of June.
- Les Gets: Weekends from the 26th of May, then every day from the 16th of June.
- Morzine: Every day from the 9th of June.
- Châtel: Pré la Joue (bike park) open for the weekends of the 16th/17th and 23rd/24th of June, then including Super Châtel, every day from the 29th of June.
- Champéry: Every day from the 16th of June.
- Les Crosets: Every day from the 29th of June.
- Avoriaz: Every day from the 29th of June.
Morzine, Morgins and les Gets are closing their lifts Sunday Evening. Les Gets will have an End of season Party going on all weekend, don’t miss it!
If the weather is OK, Les Gets and Morgins will be open on the 17th/18th weekend.
Châtel and les Crosets will open for the two coming weekends. Champéry’s cable car will be running untill the 09th of October… go and get your bike!